CORE of the AEQ METHOD
If we would like to eliminate the warnings about the inappropriate practice in the form of unpleasant sensations, we have to change the functioning of the entire soma; otherwise the pain will become chronic, and the joints will get worn out. We also risk chronic pain when we get injured because of a lack of attention — this happens when the soma starts to function differently, as it strives for rehabilitation. Furthermore, unpleasant sensations, chronic pain and wear occur when the system is not able to eliminate these adjustments due to the loss of the conscious perception of incoordination and lack of energy even after repairing the consequences of an injury.
Surplus of energy is the primary condition for quality and long-term changes in the development of the system (soma). Without that, the changes cannot be made in the long run. If we are impelled to make the changes and we try to force them, despite the lack of energy or improper motivation, we face more difficulties in reaching the goal and also use the reserve. The harder we achieve something, the more difficult it is to retain it, and therefore we lose it quickly; moreover, the fatigue is intensifying at the same time, which leads to a decline in attention. To protect itself, the body sets itself into a state of depression, which significantly reduces the load and intensity of the burden and thus enables it to recover. Besides, in the period before the onset of depression, due to a significant drop in attention and lack of energy, the possibility of unwanted events, injuries and accidents increase significantly. We make our lives difficult and increase the possibility of unpleasant events according to the principle of Entropy.
Time has an irreversible effect on the movement. We cannot influence it directly, because it runs linearly, disregarding everything that is happening; and yet it defines the events. Time is inherently present in everything, and it does not exist as an absolute framework but is an inseparable and fundamental element of every system that has the possibility of survival. A differently developed (mature) system (soma) also has a different level of ability to pay attention at a given time, even if there is enough energy for it. A more developed system (soma) can focus more attention than the less developed one in the same amount of time, thus achieving greater energy efficiency to achieve the goal. We can only influence time indirectly, how efficiently we use it, as time is essentially everything available to us. So, the quality use of time depends on the appropriateness and efficiency of our energy and attention management. The rule of time planning applies here, and the ability of scheduling depends on the energy and attention that we devote to learning and developing the system.
It is good to understand that there are two ways of perceiving time: entropic and syntrophic. The entropic approach means devolution, simplification and deterioration, and the syntrophic approach growth, the rise of system complexity and development. The way we apply our attention and energy determines which approach is prevailing in a specific moment of our lives.
Example: a child's development
For a child, time is syntropy; he enjoys it and rejoices every new day. From conception on, parents invest their time, attention and energy to enable the child to grow. As a child is growing up, he is taking more and more upon himself his care, and he needs less time, attention and energy from his parents. It can be quite the opposite with the parents: most people invest time, attention and energy in a child, usually in work too, so time for the parents means Entropy - parenting makes them old and tired. Everyone knows the saying that your children make you realize how you are getting older. I believe you will understand it differently now.
Entropy, with its likelihood of unpleasant events, has a specific impact on our lives, but we can do a lot ourselves to influence the way we spend time with proper attention and energy. If we pay enough attention and we are willing to learn from the experiences as well as deepen and expand our thinking, we can retain the syntropy and limit the Entropy of time. The AEQ method affects the increase of syntropy of time.
Let us not forget that the unpleasant events also occur with proper attention and knowledge, but the probability and the negative impact of these events are much smaller when we apply the appropriate focus!
Knowing time, attention and energy, and influencing these values is crucial for the quality teaching of clients who come to you for help because they have a poorly developed system that does not allow an appropriate quality of life.
AEQ exercises are intended to increase the impact and understanding of the two values, on which we can have some influence – attention and energy.
By learning the AEQ exercises, a person improves his ability to focus the attention to the performance of the movement and thus becomes more aware of what he is doing and what are the results. A person begins to realize how vital his behavior is and how his well-being depends on his decisions. He knows that it is good to learn from mistakes, as well as that more attention results in fewer errors, which are also less painful. At the same time, he can stand against the widespread yet devastating multitasking, which helps Entropy in deteriorating the quality of well-being and the life of a modern man.
Client gains better control of movement and muscles by performing the exercises due to focusing the attention. The vertical connection of the system and the ability to reduce muscle tone when it is not required significantly increase. Coordination between shortening and lengthening of muscles improves, the average muscle tone during sleep decreases, motion intelligence increases. All that has a positive effect on the efficiency of soma, and due to the improved muscle lengthening, it allows more significant pulsation of the membrane due to increased expansion. Expansion requires muscle lengthening to increase the volume of the membrane and the system. The expansion itself is a syntropy and therefore has a positive effect on the system's well-being and functioning, and creates pleasant feelings and reduces the unpleasant ones on the physical and the emotional level. After the exercises, the client feels better and calmer, and that allows reducing the functioning of sympathetic mode and the transition to parasympathetic mode. Energy consumption is much lower when the system is in the parasympathetic way of functioning than when it is in the sympathetic mode. Also, if we reduce the frequency of unnecessary activation of the sympathetic mode, this allows for more free energy that a person can put in towards transformation of the system's functioning, thereby enabling progress and exit from an unpleasant situation.
People who turn to teachers of the AEQ method, use their life energy irrationally, and their attention is deteriorating.
These rules and practicing the AEQ exercises give a client a better skill for assessing the suitability of his life, the state of energy and attention that defines the efficiency of his time usage. A client can influence soma by practicing the exercises and understanding the relationships, and reasonably spend his energy in a way and in quantities that organize the system. Hence, soma becomes resistant to entropic hauling into chaos. However, I need to emphasize that learning how to perform a movement is the key and not the exercises by itself, learning the movements that are respectful to the body and whose goal is not to overcome the pain, but to understand the pain as the legitimate right of the body to defend itself against inefficiency.
One can conclude, from all that was written, the time is the foundation, which determines a client's success in learning the AEQ method. Lack of time is the main impediment when it comes to benefit from the positive effect of the AEQ method, as it hinders the learning process by disrupting the sequence of development (maturing) and causing less productive long-term progress. Lack of time is your clients' main obstacle when it comes to achieving the goals, and it is why they contact you. You need to explain that to your clients clearly and understandably, however gradually and sensibly. Little discipline gives little results; lots of discipline offers excellent results. However, if you tell that to a client seeking help directly, he leaves.
Time spent learning the method enables a client the adjustments of ratios between the three values and control over Entropy. Eventually, clients themselves realize the truth about the discipline.
The following usually changes by learning and practicing the AEQ method:
1. Chronic muscle tension is reduced, which further reduces irrational use of energy and enables generation of energy surplus that is necessary for the changes.
2. The ability of pulsating during compression and expansion of the system is increased. The higher the contrast generated by the membrane, the greater the pulsation, hence the livelier the system is. Because of that adaptability and usefulness of the system increase, so does the will to live, the ability to generate energy and its efficient consumption/use.
3. Constant muscle tension in the membrane is reduced, so is a distortion of sensations; ability to recognize the current state of the system is improved, and the response to internal and external stimuli becomes more accurate.
4. Attentive execution of exercises makes it possible to practice focus; it reduces the negative impact of multitasking as well as inefficient time consumption and enables learning from mistakes.
5. Changes of the membrane's state result in downsizing the body armor, which leads to a different understanding of the past traumas and enables a gradual elimination of the traumas' energy burdens.
6. Awareness of the role of time and consistent learning for the development of the system intensifies. By exercising, a client learns the correct sequence that is needed for the development of the system.
7. A person is becoming more and more aware of the difference between stubbornness and persistence, and the function of sensation and pain regarding how the consciousness works.
8. A person can understand the pain as a notice that something needs to be changed, and not as something that needs to be conquered and eliminated. As a result of that, one respects his body more and treats it like it is his temple, following the saying from Delphi »The body is the house of God«.
9. A person is more aware of what he is doing and learns from his mistakes as he analyzes them, understands them, and makes sure not to repeat them.
10. Understanding the meaning of physical pleasure. Ability to distinguish between unpleasant and pleasant in increasing by learning about expansion and contraction can endure the agony and enjoy the ecstasy, hence boost the physical pleasure. These are necessary to preserve and enhance creativity and originality over time, which lead to a higher quality of life and better control over Entropy in the system (soma).
11. Client gains better control of the autonomic nervous system; to sense and to turn off the sympathetic mode when it is activated unnecessarily. Moreover, the ratio of activation sympathetic/parasympathetic is improved, and deregulation of the autonomic nervous system is eliminated.
12. The horizontal connection in brain is improved, as well as the ability to translate words into emotions and emotions into words. Awareness of how one feels is enabled and how to change to achieve the desired state.
13. Shokunin* approach to life. I do everything the same way every day, but a bit better. One needs to accept the fact that life is a routine, as almost the same daily routine allows you to do a lot. Yearning for strong stimuli is a double-edged sword that often leads to a disappointment.
Aleš Ernst, teacher of the AEQ method Level 5
* “The Japanese word shokunin is defined by both Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries as ‘craftsman’ or ‘artisan,’ but such a literal description does not fully express the deeper meaning. The Japanese apprentice is taught that shokunin means not only having technical skills, but also implies an attitude and social consciousness. … The shokunin has a social obligation to work his/her best for the general welfare of the people. This obligation is both spiritual and material, in that no matter what it is, the shokunin’s responsibility is to fulfill the requirement.”